Friday 30 August 2013

Fondant Fibre Rolags



Yep, more handspun. I needed a break from what I had been knitting and crocheting lately, so I gave myself a couple of days off. A while ago I got interested in different fibre preparations and came across Fondant Fibre. She has been making the most amazing blended rolags with a blending board and her prices are really great too. If you keep an eye out for her updates on Ravelry she often has money off codes as well making her lovely fibres even more of a bargain. I chose this lovely set of rolags.


Well... I confess that's not all of the rolags, some of them were already spun into singles when I remembered to take a picture! These were made from BFL, Shetland, Merino, Bamboo and silver sparkle. Lots and lots and lots of sparkle! I am so annoyed my yarn pictures don't show how sparkly it is. But you can see it has lashings here!

So I spun just how they seemed to want to be spun, then chain plied with a high twist, nearly over twist but the yarn balanced in the soak and set stage thankfully. Just. So I have 366m and 100g of three ply high twist yarn. I am thinking hand wash socks. Shiny, hand wash socks...


They really were a delight and a pleasure to spin. Drafting so beautifully, jam packed with fibre and made a wonderful interesting yarn with no effort from me as a spinner at all. I had such great fun. So why don;t you hop on over and pick up some of these beauties to spin for yourself? Spindle or wheel, I guarantee you will have fun!

Till next time...

Kat xxx

3 comments:

  1. OHHH my GoSh that looks so squishy and sparkly....can I have it back now? Superb spinning Kat and yes...I see soft comfy socks :) well done you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it your lovely rolags that shine here. So much fun to spin they really are! I hope your little shop continues to do well!

      Delete
  2. I've been very curious to try Fondant Fibers...I must do when I have the budget next!!

    ReplyDelete