Saturday 17 August 2013

Courgette soup



So our courgette plants have decided to go mad with their fruiting. I don't think it helps that the man of the house insisted on growing more plants than ever either. When the good weather hit it kicked them into overdrive and I currently have five in the fridge. And that's after making a concerted effort to use them as fast as possible! The four you see above are all home grown.

So looking for ways to use them it occurred to me that I have never had a courgette soup. As I hunted for recipes I soon found why. Finding a recipe I liked proved impossible. So I decided to pull out the one pot cooker, experiment, and came up with this soup.

800g courgettes sliced
700 ml of stock (chicken or vegetable, whatever you prefer/have to hand)
1 medium onion sliced
5 cloves of garlic
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Fry courgettes, onion, garlic and oregano in a large pan till vegetables are soft and brown.

Add the hot stock and bay leaves and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Blend till smooth, season to taste and serve any way that suits you.



Why not try adding some grated cheese, or a swirl of cream?

Till next time

Kat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment