Monday 6 January 2014

New Year, New Sweater!

Happy New Year everyone!

Yes, the blog has been quiet, but I am pretty sure all of you lovely people who actually read my little ramblings were as busy as I was. Christmas time is a very hectic time of year, so crafting wise, everything dialled down a lot for me. Though I had one project I picked up whenever I had some quiet and wanted something for my hands to do.

My previous post was about swatching for a sweater. Over Christmas I was knitting that sweater. A very basic raglan sweater from a recipe, nice and easy stockinette for something I could pick up, put down and not get lost with while the endless procession of events, guests, dinners and gifts went on for a couple of weeks. And then, on the first day of the New Year, I finished it. I even managed to give it a travel through the washer and dryer overnight.

So here it is. Deliberately made on the roomy side to hopefully get more than one winter from it, my boy's new sweater:



As you can see, he rather likes his new sweater! But seeing as he asked me for it, I am not surprised. I am very pleased with it, and glad he likes it as much as I do. 

I may be quiet for a little while going forward as well. Partly because sleep is rather scarce at the moment as we are weaning the miss off her dummy / pacifier and its proving tough, but we are sticking with it. Partly because I am investing a LOT of time in my current project. Because it deserves it, and its important. Seeing as it will be needed for March the 15th, I had best get a move on right?

More to come on that in time. 

Till next time




2 comments:

  1. awww like a little dennis the menace! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And the best bit? He asked me to make it for him!

      Delete