Tuesday 21 January 2014

Little things!

Hey guys, been a bit slow on the old blog, and you can blame the flu. I am still sick with it, but its been a rough few days. I meant to blog mid last week, but with the man falling with it, then me, and then my little miss falling ill Saturday... its been a rough few days. Now the man is on the mend, I am... coping, I think, and the miss is doing better, I can sit and have a type!

I have a couple of crafty bits I have been up to while working on my big and special project. Firstly I got around to finishing my headphones/earbuds/whatever you wish to name them. I have a habit of managing to wreck a pair in mere months and the good Bose ones I bought tangled to high heaven. Here I have proof that you really can knit anything, and the best part? NO TANGLES! That and I will never lose them when they are this colour!


I have also been doing a bit of spinning. I have had wanted something easy that I don't need to think about to be honest. So I sat down to do an experiment. I blogged about my new hand carders and the rolags I made from them a while back:


Well I got a new pattern book for christmas and I really want to knit myself a large cardigan/jacket for next winter and I want to spin for it. But I need aran weight yarn. Not a weight that me and my wheel do a lot of. This was going to be an experiment to attempt to spin the right thickness, and whether I liked these rolags as a yarn. So spin away I did, then n-plied them into a 3-ply. The colour is a bit washed out, but here is the final skein.


Its brighter in the flesh and really quite lovely I find. And.... yes, I got aran weight, first try. I really should have more faith in my spinning.

So that is what I have been up to when not full of flu or working on the big shawl! Which is soon to be finished too, so watch this space!

What have you all been up to?

Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment